The Incredible NEWS Client Voyage!
To start our journey into the next fiscal year, NEWS would like to take you along on the voyage of a NEWS client. This will give you an idea of what it is like to receive our services. As you can see, it isn’t just services. It is care, comfort, friendship, and strength. Our advocates are with a client every step of the way, letting the client lead, but offering support at every turn.
If you were a NEWS client, you would have:
- A warm voice on the phone and a helping hand when you are scared and alone.
- A comfortable bedroom in a secluded neighborhood home where you feel safe and secure.
- A reassuring voice while you go through a sexual assault exam, and a new set of clothes to wear home.
- A new phone so you can communicate privately with your advocate.
- Therapy and healthy relationship counseling for your child for a strong start back to school.
- Help with the cost of a car repair so you can get yourself to work reliably.
- A friendly greeting and help filing court documents, along with someone to go with you for support.
- Move in costs covered, and help with rent, for a welcoming new apartment with a warm bed and furnished kitchen.
- A support group of caring faces to keep you going when you have bumps along the way.
- And a new life, free from violence.