Are you being abusive?
Does your relationship get you to the point of feeling out of control? Are you unable to stop yourself from doing things that you feel bad about later? Do these feelings cause you to:
- Call your partner names or threaten her in any way?
- Get so jealous that you monitor where your partner goes and who they spend time with?
- Get physically aggressive in an argument, for example: shake your fist or get in someone’s face, yell and scream at them, or block them from leaving?
- Push, shove, kick, hit, slap, bite, or pinch?
- Text or call your partner just to check up on them several times a day?
- Keep your partner from spending time with other people?
- Threaten to kill your partner or yourself? Threaten to hurt their pet?
- Do you expect your partner to have sex with you because they “owe it to you” even when they don’t want to?
- Break or ruin things that are special to your partner?
These are real signs that things have gotten to a point of being abusive and the relationship is unhealthy. Some of these behaviors are serious enough to be crimes and can be prosecuted by the victim. We suggest you get some outside help to get these feelings and actions under control. You and your partner deserve to have a healthy happy relationship and help is out there. For more information call 255-NEWS today. Services are confidential and free -- we can work together to find solutions.
Everyone needs self-respect
Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before -- it takes something from him. -- Louis L'Amour